Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hmmmm...

Percentage is quite an interesting topic. It is also related to one of the topics that I have covered before. Can you guess it?

Suspense........

Yeah! It is ratio!

No prizes for guessing though.

Ok, i'll stay on task.

Basically, percentage is a number out of one hundred.

Example:

There are a hundred small squares in one big square. So, let's say that i colour fifteen out of the hundred small squares. They represent:

15/100 = 15 % = 0.15

As you can see, the 15/100 is the fraction, and 15 % is the percentage (obviously). The 0.15 is the decimal fraction.

I'm trying hard now to think of a difficult question to put up, but my mind seems to be blank :(


hmmmmm

thinking....

and thinking.......

stilll thinking....

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here goes!

It's kinda associated with ratio, too.
Farmer A had some green and red apples.60 % of them were red apples and the rest were
green apples. When farmer Wong gave away 350 green apples to his neighbours, the ratio of the number of green apples to the number of red apples was 1:4.

a) how many red apples were there?
b)What percentage of the green apples were there?

It's not really a difficult question, but it's a start!

Anw, since it's so easy, I'm not giving answers.

You can put your answers in the comments section.

BB

Signing off,

I <3 maths :)

Sean See fell apart on 5:04 AM.

#######

My Profile

//Name: Sean SWA
//D.O.B : 1/7/1996
// Singapore
//Hwa Chong Institution! :D

I'm falling farther away

 

designed by lonelyger